Thursday, October 4, 2012

Industrial Scenery

It's been almost a decade since I've done any industrial styled scenery so I'm starting a bit light with a silo.  The ladders and railings still need some painting, but I'm excited enough with the results to share these images.







I'm thinking about checking into O scale train kits for future ladders and hand rails.  I don't mind scratch building them but I'd like to save a bit of time if I can.  The main focus for this series of models will be to develop an appealing look and substantial detail without sacrificing durability.  Of course, even the mass produced kits can take on damage with enough play and improper storage.  My feeling is that you should treat your terrain the same as you would your miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment